Sometimes you just stumble upon a pair of shoes on Insta and realise you 100% definitely need them. That’s what happened to me when I first saw bloggers wearing backless mules, anyway.
A lot of the backless mules and loafers on the high street are silver, but if you look around you’ll find less shiny pairs too. There are office-y black pairs, ridiculous leopard print pairs and even pink pairs with leather bows.
I can’t tell you if they’re comfy, as thanks to some unpaid invoices and tax bill woes (and, ahem, buying both the Topshop shirts from yesterday’s edit) I haven’t been able to justify buying a pair atm despite the fact my life would definitely improve if I had them. I’ve decided they probably are comfy though – especially if teamed with a cleverly rolled down trainer sock.
I can safely say I am a big fan of this shoe genre.
Here are some great pairs at high street prices, with a bonus inclusion of Marni and Gucci at the end just in case you fancy splashing some serious cash. (Feel free to call me if that’s you and you’re a size 7, we should be pals).
1. Dandy Loafers by Office – £58
Simple. Classic. Definitely asking to be paired with a frayed hem and a white tee.
2. Dance Bow Mules by Office – £62
Let’s take a minute to appreciate the PINK BOW.
3. Limehouse Flats by ASOS – £22
Oooh a little cut out detail, I like it.
4. Belan Mules by Jeffrey Campbell – £95
WHO REMEMBERS JEFFREY CAMPBELL BOOTS?!
5. Kylie Mules by Topshop – £49
The buckle is important to me.
6. Strap Sandals by Zara – £39.99
I would wear these to the office so hard if my office wasn’t my kitchen.
7. Backless Loafers by Faith – £65
Particularly shiny and teenage you would always encourage a Faith purchase.
8. Delilah Mules by Office – £62
DICK WHITTINGTON WOULD.
9. Metallic Loafers by Zara – £39.99
I like that these have been designed to look like you’ve worn down the backs of your heels like an A grade #badass.
10. Dance Bow Mules by Office – £62
Yes I’ve already featured the pink ones, but I think both pairs are justifiable.
11. Kylie Loafers by Topshop – £49
Pairing with a Mary Poppins-esque carpet bag optional.
12. Delphine Mules by Office – £58
These cowboy mules are just begging to make your double denim outfits better.
13. Black Loafers by Zara – £39.99
In a sea of shininess, these are particularly elegant.
14. Metallic Montana Flats by ASOS – £18
These could double as a mirror if needsbe.
15. Leopard Kylie Mules by Topshop – £39
Leopard loafers are always very welcome.
16. Furry Mules by Gucci – £590
The shoes that started my obsession. I don’t know where to start.
17. Fringed Two Tone Mules by Marni – £430
They’re so silly and I want them so very much.