We're hiring! Social media intern
Sept. 19, 2011 by teampaula in WIWT News
WIWT Social Media Intern
We’re looking for someone bright, ambitious and focused to assist with the social media, marketing and PR of new social network WIWT. This is a great chance for a fashion or marketing student who wants their first step into the industry, or someone who’s looking to get their first experience of working for an exciting digital fashion company.
The position will be done from your own home or work space (which means you'll need your own computer or access to one), so this is ideal for anyone with other commitments or who doesn’t live in the big smoke. There will be potential to come to WIWT HQ or attend events occasionally if you are able to travel to London. This is open to anyone within the UK and Ireland. We expect the placement to last between two and four weeks, this can be disccused after you apply.
What you’ll be doing:
- Updating and expanding our brand database
- Helping increase our social media engagement
- Building contacts with fashion websites, communities and bloggers
- Writing quality, engaging content for the site
- Assisting Poppy and Paula with ad hoc tasks (NOT making us tea, don’t worry. Unless you want to of course)
- Have a good level of experience but looking for that break into fashion, PR, social media, marketing.
- Fashion savvy – you know what brands are hot and have the top fashion blogs on your reader.
- Great writing skills. You’re a confident writer and have excellent use of grammar.
- Social media experience – ideally you’ll know your Twitter from your Tumblr and hopefully be using them too!
- Willingness to learn and work – we’re nice to our interns at WIWT (we may buy you cake) but you’ve got to be willing to do some occasionally boring tasks (as we all do!). However we’ll give you exciting stuff too and you’ll be rewarded with our love and affection (and hopefully a shining reference for your CV).
- Commitment – we’ll agree on days and hours you can work, and we expect you to stick to your commitments. Don’t expect to be able to log on 3 hours late with a hangover (only Poppy’s allowed to do that).
If you’re interested, please send your CV, a cover letter telling us why you’re perfect for the role and links to any social networks or websites you have to email@example.com. Please also state how many hours/weeks you could commit to. Deadline 26th September 1pm.