Shirts and blouses are my go-to outfit staples. Shove a shirt on with a pair of jeans and heels and you’ll look smart, despite the fact it takes no more effort than wriggling into on an old tee. Ask the men of this world, they figured this out long ago. Shirt = smart. It’s just the way it is.
There are so many high street shirts that I adore at the moment, from plain pyjama styles to silly ruffles and wonderful prints.
Here are my current faves…
1. Toucan Shirt by Topshop – £42
If you ever catch my daydreaming, this is what I’m thinking about.
2. Colour Block Shirt by ASOS – £32
I was worried I only liked this shirt because of the model’s platinum blonde hair but I’ve thought about it long and hard (I take my work seriously) and I have concluded that I think brunettes would look dashing in this too. You are very welcome.
3. Colour Block Pyjama Shirt by ASOS – £34
I don’t think brands should be able to call shirts “pyjama shirts” unless they truly have that satin feel of posh bloke PJs. Luckily this one does tick that box, so I adore it.
4. Abstract Contrast Colour Shirt by ASOS – £36
Vintage vibez without the shopping for vintage hassle.
5. Black Pyjama Style Blouse by New Look – £22.99
I wouldn’t wear this with black shorts, but with jeans? Yes.
6. Ruffle Shirt by Lost Ink – £28
Be still, my ruffled heart.
7. Pink Pyjama Shirt by M&S – £22.50
Obviously team with a bright red lip.
8. Embroidered Pussy Bow Blouse by ASOS – £28
Oh so darling.
9. Pocket Detail Blouse by ASOS – £30
I like the fact it’s almost a bit confusing.
10. Pom Pom Print Shirt by Warehouse – £39
A really lovely print and a nice long cut. I prefer my bum covered, where poss.
11. Clean Pyjama Blouse by ASOS – £28
Nothing wrong with plain slouchy pink.
12. Simple Blue Shirt by ASOS – £28
Same goes for blue.
13. Colour Block Blouse by ASOS – £32
Cold as ice.
14. Floral Pussy Bow Blouse by M&S – £29.50
IT’S JUST SO PRETTY! And can you believe the snazzy jeans are M&S too?! You can find those here btw.
15. Pintuck Blouse by ASOS – £36
Pintuck perfection 🙂
16. Cherry Piped Shirt by Oasis – £38
For anyone who appreciates that the sour cherry Haribo are the best Haribo.
17. Pleat Bib Blouse by Topshop – £38
This looks proper spendy. I need it.
18. Broderie Shirt by ASOS – £42
Cute, summery and just a little bit fabulous.