If there’s one thing I want clothes to be, it’s joyful. I prefer things to be a bit silly, a tad oversized or unnecessarily bright. I’m a firm believer that neutrals are a shame and that a billowy sleeve should always be coveted. If I have to get dressed, then I may as well have a bit of fun with it.
Luckily big sleeves, frilly hems and peculiar cuffs are all the rage at the minute. In fact it’s almost hard to find a top that isn’t a cold-shoulder frill-fest. This is WONDERFUL news for the high street.
If you’re not convinced, hopefully the below edit will sway you…
1. Frill Collar Top by ASOS White – £32
This is the top that prompted me to write this whole piece. It’s quite something.
2. Nellie Mules by Topshop – £69
I have seen a lot of shoes on my travels but these are exceedingly special.
3. Flared Hem Jeans by ASOS – £40
Flamenco-esque Mom jeans are not something I ever thought I would need yet here I am, needing them.
4. Jumpsuit by Zara – £59.99
5. Tall Jumpsuit by TTYA – £115
Kinda gutted I’m not tall enough for this, they need to make a 5ft7 version.
6. Jumper by Reclaimed Vintage – £35
Winter is coming!
7. Jumper by Lost Ink – £36
Personally I need this in red, but perhaps you need this in pink?
8. Ruffle Dress by Warehouse – £79
Why does this remind me of jellyfish? Or just general underwater loveliness?
9. Tiered Frill Cape by ASOS – £25
It’s so Fleur Delacour-esque!
10. Cold Shoulder Top by BooHoo – £18
It’s the top of summer 2016, you can’t deny it.
11. Frilled Maxi by ASOS – £55
I want to wear this to a wedding but all my friends are already married, how rude. Are you getting married? Can I come?
12. Denim Cut Out Top by ASOS White – £45
Billowy denim is my kind of denim.
13. Jumpsuit by ASOS White – £75
There’s something Bananas in Pyjamas-esque about it and this makes me love it MORE.
14. Socks by Monki – £4
Make trainers look cutesy with minimal effort AND prevent blisters.